The Master of Hospitality Administration (M.H.A.) is a 30-credit program is designed to bring hospitality executives together to learn the latest management and leadership techniques in an executive format, via the Internet or other media. Demand determines the schedule for the program.The program is offered through both the University of Nevada, Las Vegas main campus and the Singapore campus of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. There are slight differences in delivery of the two programs. However, the admission and degree requirements are the same for both.
This program is offered through both the Las Vegas campus and the Singapore campus of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. There are slight differences in delivery of the two programs. However, the admission and degree requirements are the same for both.
University of Nevada Las Vegas, main campus MHA program:
Courses are taught entirely online—there is no requirement that any student come to the main UNLV campus (although all students are encouraged to participate in the graduation exercises). Courses are offered throughout the year in five eight-week sessions. Two sessions are scheduled during the fall and spring semesters and one during the summer semester. At least one required course and one supporting course are offered during each session in addition to the professional paper class. The professional paper should adhere to the American Psychological Association’s current publication Manual regarding writing style and format.
In addition to regular tuition and fees, this program has an additional fee of $510 per credit to cover the cost of delivery in an executive format. For more information, contact the program coordinator at (702) 895-5430.
UNLV Singapore MHA program:
Students take classes online and are required to spend one week on campus each semester. For more information on the Singapore MHA program visit the website: http://hotel.unlv.edu.sg/.
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Submission of completed application form and required admission fee.
- Submission of official transcripts from all institutions attended after high school to both the Harrah Hotel College Graduate Studies Office and the Graduate College.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year college or university with an overall undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale or at least 3.00 in the last two years of undergraduate work.
- Three or more years of full-time experience in a management or supervisory capacity in the hospitality industry.
- Two letters of recommendation, one from the applicant’s current employer and the other from a college faculty member able to evaluate the applicant’s potential for success in a graduate degree program. If the applicant has not been in a college program in the last six years, a letter from a former employer may be substituted for the second letter.
- A current resumé.
- A brief essay of approximately 500 words outlining the applicant’s career goals and reasons for pursuing a graduate degree.
International applicants: if English is not the applicant’s native language, and his/her baccalaureate degree was not from a school where English was the language of instruction, the applicant must complete one of the language tests listed below with the minimum score indicated or above: