The Executive Master’s in Business Administration (EMBA) program of study offers an integrated blend of theory and practice and provides a general management emphasis that fosters the professional growth of mid- and upper-level career executives. It provides opportunities for integrating professional experiences with academic management curriculum.
The program is designed to provide a holistic educational experience. Courses are sequenced to assure continuity in learning. Through a lock-step format and an innovative curriculum, a group of highly motivated students will be placed in a collaborative, proactive, integrative, and team oriented learning environment.
The students will go through the program as a cohort, with the course scheduling being set at the beginning of the cohort’s program. Students will be able to complete the program in 18 months. Classes will meet on weekends. All students will complete the program as a group. This will provide a unique cohort experience that will enhance teamwork throughout the program.
The student must satisfy the minimum requirements of the Graduate College and the EMBA program. The candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Submission of completed application form and the required $100 nonrefundable application fee.
- Submission of official transcripts of all college-level course work previously taken and evidence of having been awarded the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with an overall undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.00 on the four-point scale.
- Submission of GMAT score, taken within the last five years. Applicants with a grade point average below 3.00 must have extensive meaningful work experience and an acceptable score on the GMAT for acceptance to the program, as determined by the Director of MBA Programs.
- In addition, international applicants must submit a satisfactory TOEFL score (minimum 550) and financial certification.
The above documents are to be mailed to:
Director of MBA Programs
College of Business
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
4505 S. Maryland Parkway • Box 456001
Las Vegas, NV 89154-6001
- Evidence of at least seven years of full-time work experience, of which at least the last three years must have been in a key decision-making role.
- Three letters of recommendation, at least one from the applicant’s current or previous employer and one from someone who can evaluate the applicant’s potential for success in a graduate degree program.
- Self-evaluation. The two-page, double-spaced self-evaluation should include a description of significant contributions you have made to your organization and a well-articulated career plan.
- A personal interview.
All entering students are required to have competency in two areas. First, the applicant must be skilled in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs. Second, the applicant must possess strong mathematical skills through college algebra. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide satisfactory evidence of these skills.
The cost of the program for admission in the academic year 2009-11 is $42,000. This includes a $1,000 nonrefundable deposit, due upon acceptance to the EMBA program, a first installment of $13,000 and two additional installments of $14,000. Each installment will be due two weeks prior to the first class meeting of the 3 terms. Request for withdrawal from the EMBA program must be made one week prior to the start of each term and the refund amount will only reflect the forthcoming term for which the request was made. No refund for withdrawal will be made thereafter. The $42,000 fee will cover all tuition and fees, textbooks and other course material, software needs, travel for international trip, parking, all meals and refreshments during class meetings, and other activities associated with the program.