Sep 25, 2023
English Composition - Total Credits: 6
English Literature - Total Credits: 3
Constitutions - Total Credits: 4-6
Mathematics - Total Credits: 3
Distribution Requirement Life and Physical Sciences and Analytical Thinking
Humanities and Fine Arts - Total Credits: 9
Social Science - Total Credits: 9
Multicultural and International
(see notes below)
Additional Degree Requirements
Computer Programming - Total Credits: 3
- CS 117 - Programming for Scientists and Engineers
- CS 135 - Computer Science I
Sciences - Total Credits: 9
Select nine (9) credits, including a LAB course, from college-level BIOL, CHEM, GEOG, GEOL, PHYS, CEE, CS, CpE, EE, ME courses.
Required Department Courses - Total Credits: 39
- MATH 181 - Calculus I
- MATH 182 - Calculus II
- MATH 251 - Discrete Mathematics I
- MATH 283 - Calculus III
- MATH 330 - Linear Algebra
- MATH 365 - Computational Linear Algebra
- MATH 427 - Differential Equations I
- MATH 453 - Abstract Algebra I
- MATH 457 - Introduction to Real Analysis I
and 12 additional credits from 400-level MATH or STAT courses, including two (2) one-year 400-level MATH or STAT sequences.
Electives - Total Credits: 40-42
- Every student must complete a three-credit multicultural course and a three-credit international course. Courses satisfying other requirements may simultaneously satisfy the multicultural and international requirements except one course cannot satisfy both the multicultural and the international requirements.
- Every student will be encouraged to take the GRE Advanced Test in Mathematics.
- Students are required to include a two-semester college-level foreign language course in their course of study or have two years of any foreign language at the high school level.