Jan 28, 2020
Romance Languages Major - Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Please see the UNLV College of Liberal Arts, World Languages and Cultures web page at liberalarts.unlv.edu/Foreign_Languages for information about department programs, faculty and facilities.
Please see advising information at the UNLV Wilson Advising Center at www.liberalarts.unlv.edu/WAC/.
Institution - Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities www.nwccu.org
- Students will be able to narrate in the past using the preterit and the imperfect with greater precision.
- They also will be able to make descriptions using with more accurately the verbs ser and estar.
- Additionally, the students will be prepared to use properly subjunctive and indicative moods.
- Finally, they will improve their ability to argue using the appropriate logical connectors.
University Graduation Requirements
Romance Language Degree Requirements - Total: 120 Credits
General Education Requirements - Subtotal: 35-40 Credits
First-Year Seminar - Credits: 3
English Composition - Credits: 6
Second-Year Seminar - Credits: 3
Constitutions - Credits: 3-6
Distribution Requirement - Credits: 18-19
Please see Distribution Requirement for more information.
- Humanities and Social Science
- Automatically satisfied by Major requirement
- Social Science: 9 Credits
- Life and Physical Sciences and Analytical Thinking: 9-10 Credits
- and two courses from life & physical sciences category; at least one must be a lab.
Multicultural and International
Multicultural, one 3 credit course required
International, one 3 credit course required
These courses may overlap with general education and major requirements. A single course may not meet the multicultural and international requirements simultaneously. For the list of approved multicultural and international courses, go to: http://facultysenate.unlv.edu/students
Electives - Credits: 14-19
Major Requirement - BA in Romance Language - Subtotal: 66 Credits