Sep 27, 2023
Real Estate Major - Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
Please see the UNLV Lee Business School web page at www.business.unlv.edu for information about department programs, faculty and facilities. Degree worksheets and 4/5 year plan for the major are available at www.unlv.edu/degree/bsba-real-estate
Please see advising information at the UNLV Lee Business School Undergraduate Advising at www.business.unlv.edu/advising.
Institution - Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities www.nwccu.org
Program - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business www.aacsb.edu/
Upon graduation, students earning a degree in Real Estate should be able to:
- use supply and demand analysis;
- use the appropriate models to explain the behavior of economic agents in different market structures;
- describe the role and function of financial markets, institutions, and policies;
- predict the effects of various micro- and macroeconomic policies using the appropriate models;
- explain the determinants of long run economic growth;.
- gather, analyze, and interpret economic data;
- apply the time value of money to a variety of situations;
- explain the relationship between risk and return;
- analyze, compare, and contrast various real estate appraisal valuation methods; investment opportunities, and mortgage instruments;
- identify basic regional demographics and migration.
University Graduation Requirements
Please see Graduation Policies for complete information
Degree Requirements - Total: 120 Credits
General Education Requirements - Subtotal: 35-46 Credits
First-Year Seminar - Credits: 2-3
English Composition - Credits: 6
Second-Year Seminar - Credits: 3
Constitutions - Credits: 3-6
Distribution Requirement - Credits: 18-19
Please see Distribution Requirements for more information.
- Humanities and Fine Arts: 9 credits
- Humanities, 6 credits required from two different areas. It is recommended that students take , as one of the humanities courses.
- Fine Arts, 3 credits required
- Social Science
- Automatically satisfied by business requirements
- Life and Physical Sciences and Analytical Thinking: 6-7 credits
Multicultural and International - Credits: 0-6
Multicultural, one three-credit course required
International, one three-credit course required
These courses may overlap with general education and major requirements. A single course may not meet the multicultural and international requirements simultaneously. For the list of approved multicultural and international courses, go to: www.unlv.edu/provost/multicultural-requirements.
Lee Business School Requirements - BSBA in Real Estate - Subtotal: 72-76 Credits
Other Lee Business School Requirements - Credits: 6-7
Business Administration Core Requirements - Credits: 42-45
Real Estate Major Requirements - Credits: 24
General Electives - Credits: 0-13
The number of general electives necessary for each student varies based on how many credits a student uses to satisfy the requirements identified above. The minimum credits required to earn a degree from Lee Business School is 120.
- All courses in the major requirements section must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Any course that is included as a prerequisite for a Lee Business School course requires a minimum grade of C or better.