Oct 05, 2022  
2021-2022 Undergraduate Catalog 

Student Services & Activities

 Click on any of the following links for information:

 Student Services & Activities

The University is committed to placing students at the center of all that we do. In addition, we work to foster good citizenship and appropriate responsibility among all members of the university community. It is our job to create an environment in which students can learn—where they will be challenged, where they can take risks, where they will be safe. Students have opportunities for recreation and entertainment through intramural programs, athletic events, concerts, and other cultural events as well as opportunities for involvement in student government, campus activities, honor societies, and faculty research.

The Division of Student Affairs assists students in their intellectual, social, and personal development. We share responsibility for creating an environment that is conducive to learning and personal development. Programs and services within Student Affairs are organized in six units: Student Affairs Administration, Campus Life, The Center for Academic Enrichment and Outreach, Office of the Registrar, and Student Wellness.

Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs

^ Top

The Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs is located in Flora Dungan Humanities Building (FDH), Room 514. Within the Vice President’s office, staff manage finance, contracts, development, external relations, communications, strategic planning, and assessment. Across the university, the Division of Student Affairs coordinates a broad range of student support services and co-curricular programs comprised of four units: Student Life, Student Wellness, Enrollment & Student Services, and The Center for Academic Enrichment & and Outreach. 

Housing and Residential Life

^ Top


The Office of Housing and Residential Life, in collaboration with the students living in the residence halls, is responsible for the development of a comprehensive housing and food service program. The residence halls are staffed by full-time professionals trained in counseling and college student development and by student peer advisors who undergo extensive training. Residence hall staff and students work together to create an environment that supports student academic achievement, healthy lifestyle choices, responsible behavior, and personal development.

The Office of Housing and Residential Life is located in Tonopah North. Students wishing to live in the residence halls must request a residence and dining hall contract directly from the office or can download the contract at housing.unlv.edu. Housing is available on a first come first-served basis to any full-time, regularly enrolled student. Freshman students graduating from high schools outside of Clark County, Nevada, are required to live in the on-campus residence halls unless excused by the Housing and Residential Life Office. For specific information on the freshman on-campus housing regulation, contact the Housing and Residential Life Office in Tonopah North or by telephone at 702-895-3489.

Freshman On-Campus Housing Regulation

The University of Nevada, Las Vegas Freshman On-Campus Housing Regulation requires that all unmarried, undergraduate freshman students who have been admitted for study and who are enrolled for at least 6 credit hours reside in university residence halls unless:

  1. The student has been excluded from this requirement (see A below).
  2. The student has been granted an exemption from this requirement (see B below).
  3. The student has been excused from this requirement (see C below).
  4. Space is no longer available in the residence halls.
  1. Exclusion From the Freshman On-Campus Housing Regulation
    Exclusions from the on-campus living requirement will be provided for those students who, prior to July 1 for fall semester, January 2 for spring semester, or May 1 for summer term, submit appropriate documentation to the Office of Housing and Residential Life indicating that they have:
    1. Married.
    2. Achieved sophomore class standing by earning at least 24 semester credits.
    3. Completed high school at least one calendar year previous and, because an independent living style has been established, it is unlikely that the residence hall experience would be educationally beneficial.
    4. Been previously enrolled at this or another university as a full‑time student for a least two semesters or the equivalent.
  2. Exemptions for the Freshman On-Campus Housing Regulation

    Graduates of high schools located in Clark County whose actual residence is with parents, guardians or close adult relatives are automatically exempted from this requirement.

    Requests for exemptions from this regulation by students who graduated from high schools outside of Clark County must be submitted on the form available through the Office of Housing and Residential Life by July 1 for fall semester, January 2 for spring semester, or May 1 for summer term and may be approved if actual local residence is with parents, guardians, or close adult relatives not subject to the on-campus living requirement. The student is required to register with the Office of Housing and Residential Life and qualifies for exemption when the actual local residence is with a parent or legal guardian and the actual local residence is within metropolitan Las Vegas, including greater Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Boulder City, Henderson, and Blue Diamond.  Information for the first year live-on requirement can be found here:  https://www.unlv.edu/housing/first-year-students/requirements

  3. Requests to Be Excused
    Requests to be excused from compliance with the Freshman On-Campus Housing Regulation will be considered by the Office of Housing and Residential Life provided the specific request supports a reason listed below and that the written request to be excused is received by the Office of Housing and Residential Life by July 1 for fall semester, December 10 for spring semester, or May 1 for summer term.
    1. Medical necessity certified by a physician and approved by the Office of Campus Housing after reasonable accommodations are made in room assignment, facilities, or other adaptation.
    2. Financial hardship supported by Family Financial Statement (FFS) or Family Aid Form (FAF) evaluated by the Office of Student Financial Services and approved by the Office of Housing and Residential Life in accordance with the established standards for the determination of financial hardship. Approximately six to eight weeks are needed to process the FFS or FAF forms, and no request for a financial hardship can be considered until the forms have been processed.
    3. Special circumstances supported by compelling documentation. The denial or approval of the request will depend upon substantiation of the circumstances.
  4. Compliance with Regulation
    Compliance with the Freshman On-Campus Housing Regulation is a condition of initial registration and continuing enrollment at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
    1. All regularly admitted students who have achieved sophomore class standing by earning at least 24 college-level credits and who are enrolling as full-time students for either an academic semester or a summer term are subject to this policy.
    2. First-time freshmen requesting exemption or to be excused from the on-campus housing requirement must complete their requests with the Office of Housing and Residential Life prior to the dates specified in each section and must be submitted with required documentation. 
    3. Transfer students to the University of Nevada, Las Vegas must present documentation of eligibility for exclusion in the form of transcripts to the Office of Housing and Residential Life.

The Office of Housing and Residential Life is the only agent for administration of the Freshman On-Campus Housing Regulation. All approvals for waiver (exclusion, exemption, or excused) from this requirement must be in writing from the Office of Housing and Residential Life. Proof of compliance with the Freshman On-Campus Housing Regulation is the responsibility of the student, and failure to comply with this regulation may be cause for denial or cancellation of registration.

On-Campus Housing and Food Service
Students choosing to live on-campus will find themselves living in comfortable and conveniently located residence halls. All residence halls are located in the southeast section of campus, close to the Student Recreation and Wellness Center, and only a few minutes’ walk from the center of campus. Residence hall rooms, with few exceptions, are double-occupancy; two rooms share a bath. Each student is provided a bed and mattress, study desk and chair, wardrobe or closet space, and drawers for storage. Ample lounge space for studying and socializing is found in each building. All residence halls are locked 24/7 (except the manned front desk in Tonopah North which is open during normal office hours); have secure key card access; and are patrolled nightly by student security teams to observe and report suspicious activity.

Students will find that a number of special features and amenities accompany residence hall living. Students have the opportunity to live in residential environments planned around specific themes such as freshman support programs, upper class programs, and study-intensive. Computer labs are available at no charge. Buildings include secure mail/package storage lockers with email/text delivery notifications as well as vending and ice machines for convenience.  Parking is located near most of the buildings. Residents are provided with complimentary cable TV services in their rooms and can enjoy greater connectivity from UNLV’s recent $1.6 million dollar residence hall WiFi upgrade.  New complimentary laundry machines were recently installed in all residence hall facilities that allow residents to check machine status and availability,  receive cycle completion texts, and to report issues via mobile app. 

Students choosing to live in the residence halls have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of activities and take on leadership roles through student program committees, the Residence Hall Association (student government), and student employment positions. New residents will find their floor a center of activity and learning. Guided by a resident assistant, a carefully selected and specially trained upperclassman, the floor members will establish and monitor floor standards and plan events, and will assist each other in mastering the challenges of college.

Food Service:  Hazel M. Wilson Dining Commons is conveniently located near the residence halls and employs a team of culinary and nutrition experts who are dedicated to delivering well-balanced nutrition, specialized diet options, with complete menu transparency.  A variety of meal plan options (meals can also be purchased individually) are designed to deliver nutritional and specialized diet options.  Additionally, there are a plethora of options to include made-to-order stir fry, pasta, omelettes, hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, veggie burgers, and more, along with a variety of food stations and salad bar options. Throughout the year, the Dining Commons hosts themed meals and cultural dinners that are included in student meal plans. 

Additional dining options are available in the Student Union and throughout campus with convenient mobile app ordering options.  Additionally, students can purchase Dining Dollars which can be used at the Dining Commons, campus eateries, and campus convenience stores (P.O.D.).  More information on the on and off-campus dining plans can be found at  https://www.unlv.edu/housing/dining-plans and at https://unlv.campusdish.com/.

Residence and Dining Hall Costs: The cost of room and board will vary depending on the meal plan selected. For detailed information about housing and food service fees, please contact the Housing and Residential Life Office or visit our website at http://housing.unlv.edu.

Room and Board Refund: Residence hall students officially withdrawing from the university will receive a room and board refund according to terms and conditions of the dining and residence halls contract.

Applying for Housing: On-campus housing, 702-895-3489, is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Freshmen who have graduated from high schools outside of Clark County, Nevada, are required to live in on-campus housing.  The Freshman On-Campus Housing Regulation is published in the Admissions section of this catalog. Questions regarding the regulation can be addressed to the Housing and Residential Life office. While approximately 1,700 beds exist on-campus, the demand for housing usually exceeds availability.  Students must apply to live on-campus through the housing portal at https://housing-application.unlv.edu. Associated fees and reservation information can be accessed on the website or questions can be addressed by calling 702-895-3489.

Affiliated Housing:  The U-District is an official university-affiliated housing partner that offers on-campus housing designed as an upper-class, apartment-style community. It is not an option for Freshmen subject to the Freshman On-Campus Housing Regulation. It is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. All apartments include kitchens and laundry amenities. The U-District is an ideal housing option for upperclassmen, serving as a step between traditional residence hall living and living on your own.  The U-District consists of two communities: The Degree and Legacy LV. The Degree offers brand new high-end apartments and finishes, and Legacy LV offers affordable and spacious apartments. Your lease is a 12-month agreement between yourself and U-District. Your financial aid is not directly applied to your rent; you must make rent and utility payments directly to the U-District. Meal plans are not required, but students living in the U-District may purchase a commuter student meal card or pay individually meals in the Dining Commons. 

Professional property management is provided by Asset Campus Housing, which utilizes live-in staff, emergency protocols, and community building. In partnership with the campus, University Police Services patrol the property and serve as early-responders. More information can be found at: https://www.unlv.edu/housing/about/u-district-living

Other Housing: Married students that don’t choose to live at the U-District, must seek housing off campus. More than 40 apartment complexes are available within walking distance of the campus. These rental apartments are available at a wide range of pricing, depending upon the accommodations, but are unrelated to the university.



Campus Copy Center

^ Top

A full-service copy center, off of Harmon near the Lied Library is available for faculty, staff, and students. Discounted prices are available. All copyright regulations apply.

Student ID Card (Rebel Card) Services

^ Top


You will need an identification card for various uses on campus, i.e., computer lab, library, physical education facility use, getting a parking permit, plays, concerts, selling back books, games room, CSUN elections, and student discounts.

The RebelCard is the official UNLV identification card. To get your RebelCard you must be registered and present a state or federal ID to the RebelCard Service Center located in the Student Union Room 118, next door to Starbucks. You can deposit money to your card and use it as a debit card (RebelCash) at participating locations both on and off campus. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday - Wednesday and 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Thursday and Friday.

UNLV Tickets

^ Top

702-739-FANS (3267) or 866-388-FANS (3267)
Ticket offices are located on campus to handle ticket sales to various events. Locations include:
Performing Arts Center (702-895-2787)
Thomas & Mack Center Special Events (702-739-3267).

Student Union and Event Services

^ Top

Phone: 702-895-4449
Fax: 702-895-1609

Student Union and Event Services provides 130,000 square feet of modern space in the Student Union for the campus community to eat, study, and gather.  We also provide centralized scheduling and event planning services for the Student Union and Rec. Center; classroom events for student organizations and outside groups; and campus green spaces.  The Student Union is the hub of student activity on campus, featuring over 2 million guests each year. It is the place to meet, socialize, play, learn and grow - all in an active environment that fits the livelihood of UNLV.

Student Union & Event Services schedules and serves:
Student Union
Student Recreation and Wellness Center
Summer Conference Housing (groups)
Summer Intern Housing
Classroom Spaces for student groups and non-UNLV entities
University green spaces (Alumni Amphitheater, Academic Mall, Student Union Courtyard, Pida Plaza, Intramural Fields, SRWC lawn, and Chem lawn.)

Student Union tenants and services we provide:
Information Desk Services
Game Room
Full-service US Bank branch and ATMs for Wells Fargo and Bank of America
Rebel Copy & Send
Intersection Academic Multicultural Services
Numerous food service retail options
Rebel Card Services

Career Services

^ Top

Assists all students and alumni with career planning, career development, and job searches. Students clarifying career decisions, seeking career-related experiences, or pursuing a professional job search can benefit from the many services of this office. Specifically, the office provides:

  • Computerized career assessments
  • Career counseling
  • Internship assistance
  • Career Fair events
  • On-campus interviewing
  • Hire A Rebel CareerLink; on-line postings for jobs, internships and career positions
  • Resume-writing assistance
  • Interview coaching (video-assisted)
  • Career-related seminars and workshops
  • Graduate School preparedness

Questions about career-related planning or issues should be directed to the department located in the Student Services Complex (SSC-A room 201) or by telephone at 702-895-3495.Our website is http://unlv.edu/hirearebel.

Disability Resource Center

^ Top


The UNLV Disability Resource Center (SSC-A, Room 143, https://www.unlv.edu/drc, 702-895-0866) provides resources for students with disabilities. The Disability Resource Center is the officially designated office for supporting students with disabilities at UNLV. Students with disabilities are encouraged to contact the DRC about support, accommodations, and services available at UNLV. To access services through the office, students must apply to the DRC and provide current documentation of disability for review. Applying for services can be done online at https://olympic.accessiblelearning.com/s-unlv/applicationstudent.aspx.

Students who believe that they may need academic accommodations due to injury, disability, or due to pregnancy should contact the DRC as early as possible in the academic term. A Disabilities Specialist will discuss what options may be available to you. The DRC offers a wide range of supportive services so that eligible students with disabilities can access and participate in university programs and courses. Services are provided on a case-by-case basis and may include such supports as testing accommodations, alternative media, assistive technologies, sign language interpreting or speech-to-text services, various other resources and referrals, faculty and staff consultation and workshops and presentations of various topics of interest to students with disabilities.

Students experiencing a temporary injury such as a concussion, or broken bone(s) can also seek assistance from the DRC by completing the DRC application.   

If you are registered with the UNLV Disability Resource Center, bring your Academic Accommodation Plan from the DRC to the instructor during office hours, so that you may work together to develop strategies for implementing the accommodations to meet both your needs and the requirements of the course. Any information you provide is private and will be treated as such. To maintain the confidentiality of your request, please do not approach the instructor in front of others to discuss your accommodation needs.

NCAA Academic Services and Compliance

^ Top

This office works in conjunction with academic programs and team coaches to provide advising, tutoring, computer access, and other academic support services for UNLV’s 400+ intercollegiate athletes. Office staff may be contacted by telephone at 702-895-0668 or in person at the Flora Dungan Humanities Building, Room 422 (FDH 422).

The Military & Veteran Services Center

^ Top



The Military & Veteran Services Center (MVSC) is located in the Donald W. Reynolds Student Services Complex, Building A, Third Floor, Room 311, and is open Monday through Friday, 8 am–5 pm. (Phone: (702) 895-2290. Home page: unlv.edu/veterans)

UNLV established the Military & Veteran Services Center (MVSC) to better serve our growing student veteran and military-family community by developing a welcoming, veteran-friendly campus environment that fosters academic and personal success. We understand the many challenges associated with pursuing a degree while serving on active duty, as well as the challenges associated with making the leap from the military to the civilian world. Working with the Las Vegas Veteran Engagement Community Council for veteran resources and our VetSuccess office on campus to meet these needs, MVSC is staffed with veterans and GI Bill®-experienced staff to assist 1,699 veterans, dependents, active-duty service members, National Guard members, and reservists with answers to questions concerning admissions, GI Bill® enrollment certification, financial aid resources, campus and community support services, and various networks for veteran employment opportunities.


  • The VA completed a no-notice compliance inspection of the MVSC (Jan 2020) with no deficiencies noted that highlighted our 10-day payment record.
  • Governor Sisolak recognized the MVSC as the Nevada Veteran Supporter of the Month (Feb 2020).
  • Student Veterans of America (SVA) national headquarters recognized members of the UNLV Rebel Vets chapter out of veterans from 1500 chapters. 
  • 2017 – SVA recognized Ross Bryant (Rebel Vet Chapter Advisor) as the SVA Chapter Advisor of the Year. 
  • 2019 – SVA recognized Alexandria Sawin (Rebel Vet President 2018) as the SVA Veteran of the Year. 
  • 2019 – SVA recognized the UNLV Rebel Vets chapter as a top 5 “SVA Chapter of the Year.”
  • UNLV ranked as a Top 15% or GOLD “Veteran Friendly” university for ten consecutive years (2011–2020). Source: GIJOBS.COM.
  • UNLV is ranked in the nation’s top 99 out of 605 “Best for Vets” colleges for veterans using the GI Bill®. Source: Military Times 2019.

The benefits of attending UNLV include the following:

  • UNLV invested in building a “paperless” VA certification process to improve certification times.
  • Nevada residency is granted to all “honorably” discharged veterans within five years of separation and within three years for military family members using GI Bill®.  In the future, there will be no time limit. 
  • AB 76, signed by Governor Sandoval, grants in-state tuition to any dependents of KIA service members awarded the FRY Scholarship.
  • The Nevada Legislature passed the “Purple Heart” bill granting any PH recipient free tuition to attend any NSHE school after expending their benefits.
  • Priority registration is provided to all veterans to expedite payment of the Chapter 33 GI Bill®.
  • UNLV offers the VetSuccess program with a VA benefits counselor on campus.
  • UNLV sponsors a nationally recognized Student Veterans Organization chapter, Rebel Vets.
  • UNLV hosts “Safe Talk” suicide prevention training each semester.
  • UNLV participates in the University of Michigan Peer Advisors for Veteran Education (PAVE) peer-to-peer mentoring program.
  • UNLV co-sponsors the semiannual Veteran Hiring Fair with local employers ready to hire veterans. (Our next will be on June 2021.)
  • Since 2012, the Eleanor Kagi Foundation has funded 12 Rebel Vet Graduation receptions to honor our 1,968 student veteran graduates. Each Rebel Vet graduate received a Rebel Vet graduation coin; a red, white, and blue cord; and certificates of recognition from the governor and the Nevada delegation. We also conducted a drawing of prizes from the local community.


Office of International Students & Scholars (OISS)

^ Top


For International Student Services:

Phone: 702-774-6477
Fax: 702-895-4661
Email: OISS@unlv.edu

For International Scholar Services:

Phone: 702-774-2914
Fax: 702-895-4661
Email: scholar@unlv.edu

The International Students and Scholars office (OISS) assists international students and scholars in their transition to UNLV and maintaining their immigration status while studying or working at the university. Initial inquiries about the university, admission applications, transcripts of previous college and universities, and I-20 issuance should be addressed to the Office of Admissions at internationaladmissions@unlv.edu.

Services provided by OISS include orientation, visa/immigration advising and documents for current students, personal and academic assistance, and social and cultural programs.  OISS also assists departments seeking to obtain employment-based visa sponsorship for its international employees, and facilitates J-1 exchange visitors for hosting departments on campus.

OISS is located in the Student Services Complex, SSC-A 201.

Campus Recreational Services

^ Top

The Office of Campus Recreational Services is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive recreational activities program that provides an opportunity to engage in organized activities for enjoyment, health, and social interaction. The activities that are scheduled and coordinated for UNLV students, faculty, and staff include intramural sports, outdoor equipment rental shop, Outdoor Adventures, and non-credit courses.

Fitness and Wellness Programs: This component of the department is responsible for all activities including; more than 250 exercise machines such as cardio and selectorized and free weights; group fitness classes including traditional and progressive class format; personal training and fitness assessments.  Personal training, fitness assessment and body composition analysis can be scheduled in the Rebel Wellness Zone (RWZ), 2nd floor of SRWC.  702-895-4400, www.unlv.edu/srwc/rwz

Intramural Sports: This component of the department is responsible for individual and dual activities such as tennis, Ping-Pong, racquetball, etc. Team sports offered include flag football, basketball, soccer, floor hockey, dodge ball, kickball, volleyball and softball. Special events that occur during the year include ooze ball (mud volleyball), Table tennis tournaments, video game console tournaments, etc.  The Intramural Sports office is located in the Student Recreation and Wellness Center (SRWC). Additional questions can be answered by calling our office at 702-774-7120 or going to our website at SRWC.unlv.edu.

Outdoor Equipment Rental Shop: Students can rent camping or recreational equipment for an outdoor experience. Included in the inventory are two- and four-person tents, backpacks, sleeping bags, canoes, stoves, lanterns, snowshoes, coolers, volleyball sets and much, much more. The shop is located in the SRWC or can be contacted at 702-774-7120 or SRWC.unlv.edu.

Outdoor Adventures: This unit is responsible for providing opportunities to individuals who wish to participate in outdoor pursuits. Outdoor Adventures trips include canoeing, hiking, backpacking, camping, snowshoeing, and rock-climbing trips throughout the southwest. Information about the current adventures is available for pick-up in the SRWC, call 702-774-7120, or go to SRWC.unlv.edu.

Club Sports: The office of Club Sports assists student organizations interested in recreational activities. Some of the clubs include rugby, boxing, lacrosse, water polo, volleyball, ice hockey, ultimate Frisbee, and tennis. Students interested in joining or starting a recreational club are encouraged to visit Club Sports in the SRWC or phone 702-774-7120, SRWC.unlv.edu.

Student Employment: Opportunities exist in all areas of responsibility within the Campus Recreational office i.e. sports official, office attendant, fitness staff, outdoor trip leader, and supervisor positions. The main office is located in the SRWC. Additional questions can be answered by calling our office at 702-774-7120 or going to SRWC.unlv.edu.

Office of Diversity Initiatives

^ T



UNLV has created one of the most affirmative and dynamic academic environments in the country. The Office of Diversity Initiatives will coordinate and lead various efforts to institutionalize diversity, equity and inclusion as a fundamental transformative force that fosters excellence, academic, professional and personal growth. We will assist UNLV in realizing its full potential by empowering our community with a shared vision, understanding and acceptance of responsibility for diversity and inclusion.

UNLV Undocumented Student Program (USP)

The UNLV Undocumented Student Program (USP) provides services, resources, and support to undocumented students and mixed-status families on our campus.  Through partnerships and relationships with students, staff, faculty, administrators, and community members, USP advocates for educational equity and supports an inclusive and welcoming campus environment.  USP is committed to better serve, empower and celebrate undocumented student resilience.  

Resource Coordinator

The Intersection: UNLV’s Academic Multicultural Center



The Intersection is a one-stop resource for UNLV’s highly diverse student body — a comprehensive multicultural center grounded in the academic life of our students. As an intersecting campus resource, we help ensure students, particularly first-generation and students of color, successfully navigate their academic careers.

Here, all members of campus can discuss their differences, discover their similarities, and build a shared sense of belonging.

Service Learning & Leadership (SLL)


Service Learning and Leadership (SLL) creates curricular and co-curricular experiences for participants to discover self, learn in community, and influence systems while pursuing social justice through service and leadership. SLL partners with faculty and community agencies to provide curricular service-learning experiences; offers leadership development and service programs including Alternative Break Trips, LEAD Team, UNLVolunteers, and DASH; coordinates voter engagement initiatives; administers the HOPE Scholarship and HOPE Resources programs, supporting students experiencing food and housing insecurity on campus; and manages the endowed Engelstad Scholars Program.

Student Diversity & Social Justice (SDSJ)

702-774-7375 (SU 309)
702-895-4099 (Houssels House/Center for Social Justice)


Student Diversity & Social Justice advocates with a diverse student population to amplify and affirm student’s identities through an intersectional framework to promote student success.  We are a student-centered office committed to educating, empowering, and developing UNLV students as leaders to recognize and address societal injustices. Student Diversity & Social Justice (SDSJ) will provide transformative experiences to create a campus free of oppression and trauma through intentional engagement.

Student Involvement & Activities (SIA)


Student Involvement and Activities (SIA) is committed to helping students build connections to the vibrant and diverse UNLV community through innovative programming and involvement opportunities that elevate students’ academic experience, resulting in engaged and empowered leaders in a global society. SIA promotes student involvement including student government, registered student organizations, fraternity & sorority life, and campus activities.

Student Government (CSUN)


All undergraduate students are automatically members of the Consolidated Students of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (CSUN) upon paying their fees and tuition. The goal of CSUN is to enhance students’ college experience by offering needed services, desired programs, leadership opportunities, exciting entertainment, and enriching lectures. Most importantly, the primary focus is to serve as representatives of the students to the university administration and the local, state, and community governments. CSUN is made up of three branches:

  • Executive Branch (President, Vice President, Senate President, Senate President Pro-Tempore, and Directors of student boards).
  • Legislative Branch (25 Senators representing each undergraduate college).
  • Judicial Branch (nine Justices appointed to 18 month terms).

All officers are elected by the student body and most serve one-year terms. CSUN has many boards and committees available for students to get involved; visit their main office in the Student Union for details and applications. Copies of the CSUN Constitution and all CSUN meeting agendas are available on their website and various locations around campus.

Student Media

Scarlet & Gray Free Press, 702-895-1512: The campus newspaper is produced and edited entirely by students, reflects student viewpoints and provides a learning experience for all interested students. The newspaper is distributed free on campus two times a week and can be viewed online at http://www.unlvfreepress.com.

KUNV, 91.5 FM, 702-798-9169: KUNV is the nonprofit, broadcast service of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. The radio station offers quality cultural, informational, and entertainment programming to the Las Vegas community, and provides educational opportunities for students pursuing careers in the broadcast field. Internships, independent study and volunteer work can be arranged directly with KUNV or through the Journalism and Media Studies program in the Greenspun College of Urban Affairs.

Office of Student Conduct

^ Top

The Office of Student Conduct (OSC) collaborates with the UNLV community to provide an inclusive system through enforcement of the UNLV Student Conduct Code by:

• Promoting awareness of student rights and responsibilities;
• Establishing accountability for student choices;
• Creating opportunities for involvement in the process; and
• Striving to uphold the values and ethics that advance the common good.

Students’ rights and responsibilities are outlined in the UNLV Student Conduct Code which governs student behavior on campus. Each student is expected to become familiar with the expectations outlined in the Code. Based on the premise that all students share responsibility for creating a safe and supportive learning environment, the Code outlines procedures for disciplinary action against a student who violates the provisions of the Code. Copies of the Student Conduct Code are available in the Office of Student Conduct (Central Desert Complex, Bldg. #1).

The Office of Student Conduct has responsibility for implementing the Code’s provisions and creating educational interventions that assist students in meeting their responsibilities as members of the university community. This office may be reached by calling 702-895-2308.

Center for Academic Enrichment and Outreach

^ Top

The mission of the Center for Academic Enrichment and Outreach (The Center) is to provide traditional and innovative educational opportunities to a diverse community through targeted services and research that promote personal success. The Center helps middle school, high school, and college students from low-income families (and from families where neither parent nor guardian has graduated from a four-year institution) access and graduate from institutions of higher learning. The Center’s purpose, then, is to introduce higher education as an option to populations that have been traditionally underrepresented in postsecondary education because of class, social, physical, and cultural barriers.

The Center offers the following services: academic advising, tutoring, instruction in developmental courses (math, science, English, writing, reading comprehension, and English as a second language), assistance with college admissions and financial aid/scholarship applications, counseling on college-adjustment issues, school decisions and admissions, personal counseling, and referrals to other campus and community resources. The Center houses 16 federally funded TRIO programs (Ronald E. McNair Scholars Institute, three Student Support Services programs, two Upward Bound Math and Science programs, three classic Upward Bound programs, four Educational Talent Search programs, Educational Opportunity Center and two TRiO training projects), as well as three federally funded GEAR UP programs. Other initiatives within The Center include the Family Support Services, Parents Educational program, Mentor and Volunteer program, Summer Food Nutrition program, and Summer Youth Employment program.

Ronald E. McNair Scholars Institute (McNair) is committed to helping diversify the ranks of American faculty and of research institutions by encouraging undergraduate students who are members of underrepresented groups to pursue doctoral studies and consider faculty careers. Students who participate in this program are provided with research opportunities, faculty mentors, stipends, and publication opportunities.

Student Support Services (SSS) assists college students with overcoming personal concerns, academic deficiencies, and financial difficulties that could impair their chances of succeeding in college. It provides students with the necessary tools to develop life skills that aid in increasing retention and graduation rates and to adjust to the demands of the campus environment. Participants, who include disabled college students, receive individualized tutoring, guidance and counseling, financial aid assistance, remedial instruction, GRE/GMAT preparation assistance, and career exploration assistance.

Upward Bound (UB) and Upward Bound Math & Science (UBMS) help high school students prepare for higher education. Qualified participants receive instruction in literature, composition, and foreign languages, while maintaining a heavy focus on mathematics and science. The program has two components: academic year and summer residential. During the academic year component, participants attend classes and workshops at the UNLV campus, where they also receive academic and career counseling, tutoring, financial aid assistance, and college admission information. During the summer residential program, students live in the UNLV residence halls, obtain first-hand experience of being college students, participate in activities that promote educational and cultural enrichment, and receive regular program services.

Educational Talent Search (ETS) serves students in Grades 6 through 12 by providing academic advising/counseling, financial management, admissions requirements, and assistance with various student financial aid programs.

Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) assists qualified individuals 19 years of age and older to pursue postsecondary education. EOC assists qualified participants with choosing a career path and appropriate education channels as well as encourages high school dropouts to return to high school or obtain a GED (General Education Diploma). The goal of EOC is to increase the number of adult participants who enroll in postsecondary education institutions.

TRiO Training Institute provides professional development seminars for TRiO professionals from projects across the nation. Participants receive instruction regarding TRiO regulations and budget management, as well as workshops on assisting TRiO participants with college admission and the financial aid application process.

GEAR UP (Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs) focuses on providing intense and intrusive services to entire grade levels of Clark County’s poorest schools. The GEAR UP cohort model allows CAEO to serve more than 20,000 students, their parents, their school and their community. Services include instructional enhancements, after-school programming, teacher professional development, volunteer and mentor services, tutoring, skill-building workshops, parental workshops, a speakers’ bureau, and much more.

In addition to providing direct services to participants, The Center conducts, contributes, and sponsors academic research aimed at enhancing the body of knowledge that supports the improvement of retention and academic attainment rates of the disadvantaged and underrepresented populations. The Center’s objective is to increase the enrollment, retention and graduation rates of individuals who come from disadvantaged and underrepresented backgrounds. GEAR UP and TRIO programs at The Center are federally funded through the U.S. Department of Education. All services provided through The Center are FREE to those who qualify. The Center’s offices are located in the Student Services Complex, Room 301, and at 1455 E. Tropicana Ave., Suite 400.

University Police Services

^ Top


University Police Services, Southern Command (UPD) serves the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV), College of Southern Nevada (CSN), Desert Research Institute, Las Vegas (DRI), and Nevada State College (NSC). A central tenet of UPD’s commitment to the campuses we serve, since its consolidation, has been one of a cultural shift from traditional policing to a true community-oriented policing model which is based on transparency, accountability, empathy, responsiveness, and appropriate visibility. This philosophy guides our efforts in our interactions with our campus communities. We are committed to working closely with campus partners and learning from them. It is our mission to encourage and engage our community to work as one in order to provide a safe, secure, and enjoyable campus environment.  

You will see officers patrolling campus on foot, bicycle, and in patrol vehicles 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including holidays – and we encourage you to stop and speak with them when you have the opportunity. The Department maintains offices at each of the main campus locations and provides emergency dispatch services. All officers are P.O.S.T. (Peace Officer Standards & Training) certified by the State of Nevada as Category 1 Police Officers and have the same authority and arrest powers as metropolitan agencies.

In combination with UPD’s efforts to maintain a safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage our students, faculty, and staff to take steps toward protecting their personal safety and property, by immediately reporting anything unsafe, irregular or suspicious. As partners, UPD stands ready to service the needs of our campus communities, ensuring a transparent and accountable delivery of law enforcement services. We encourage you to follow us on social media @UPDSouth for alerts and updates, to practice “See Something, Say Something” by reporting suspicious activity, to download the UNLV RebelSAFE App, and contact us if you need assistance.


Contact Us

University Police Services headquarters is located on the ground floor of University Gateway at 1280 Dorothy Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89119.

Front Desk Information                       702-895-5575

Non-Emergency                                    311 (campus landline) or 702-895-3668

Emergency                                             911 (campus landline) or 702-895-3669

Website                                                   updsouth.nevada.edu

Facebook/Twitter/Instagram             @UPDSouth



University Police provides several services beyond patrol, including:

  • Crime prevention & safety presentations
  • Self-defense classes
  • Bicycle & laptop registration
  • Report copies
  • Rebel Rides evening shuttle service
  • Fingerprinting & notary services
  • Campus ride-along
  • Special-event security
  • Vehicle jumpstart & tire inflation


To inquire about these and other services visit our website, updsouth.nevada.edu, or contact our front desk information line at 702-895-5575.



The RebelSAFE Alert System is the emergency notification system used for incidents that present an imminent threat to life, health or safety of UNLV students, employees, faculty, and community members. RebelSAFE Alert messages provide emergency information and instructions to protect yourself during an emergency. RebelSAFE Alert will send emails, text messages, post to University Police Services Facebook and Twitter, push notifications to the RebelSAFE Mobile App, and provide audio and visual warnings to computer desktops and VOIP phones, digital advertising kiosks, RebelSAFE emergency phones, and UNLV websites.

The RebelSAFE Mobile App is the official mobile safety app of UNLV, providing a number of features to help keep you safe:

  1. Quickly dial Police Services to request help, report a crime in progress, report suspicious activities, or for any other emergency.
  2. Request Rebel Rides evening shuttle service.
  3. Submit anonymous crime tips.
  4. Receive RebelSAFE Alert push notifications.

To download the free app, visit the App Store or Google Play Store.

RebelSAFE Emergency Phones are strategically located throughout campus to request help, report a crime in progress, report suspicious activities, request a Rebel Rides, or for any other emergency. The state of the art 12-foot tall RebelSAFE Emergency Phones are equipped with a 4000k LED area light, a 360-degree surveillance camera, and broadcast RebelSAFE Alerts via public address speaker in the event of an emergency.

Visit unlv.edu/police/rebelsafe to learn more.


Annual Security & Fire Safety Report

University Police Services is responsible for distributing the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report and daily crime log to the campus to keep community members informed of any criminal activity on the campus.

  • The most recent campus Annual Security & Fire Safety Report or “Jeanne Clery” Report is available online at unlv.edu/police/report.
  • The daily crime log can also be viewed online at unlv.edu/police/crime-log.


Student Health Services

^ Top

The Student Health Center is nationally accredited and offers comprehensive health services to UNLV students at a convenient on-campus location. The Student Health Center is open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The semester health fee allows registered and enrolled students to utilize the center without the added burden of paying an office visit fee. Services are available to students through same-day appointments; call to schedule an appointment on the day you wish to be seen. Specialty clinics (such as sports medicine and gynecology) require a pre-scheduled appointment, so be sure to call ahead. UNLV WellnessView, a secure web-based patient portal, allows students to receive non-urgent messages, print immunization records, and complete required forms for appointments and other services from any computer or mobile device. To access the portal, please visit: https://unlv.medicatconnect.com. The health center is staffed by licensed and board-certified physicians and nurse practitioners, along with registered nurses and certified medical assistants and support staff, who provide essential wellness and medical services of the highest quality on an outpatient basis to the UNLV community. We are located on the first floor of the Student Recreation and Wellness Center within the Student Wellness Center on the south side of campus near the Tropicana Parking Garage.

Services offered at the Student Health Center include:

  1. Treatment of various illnesses and injuries.
  2.  In-office surgical procedures, such as skin biopsies, laceration repair/sutures, and joint injections.
  3. Various immunizations and vaccinations (including free flu shots).
  4. Nutrition counseling by a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist.
  5. Early detection and referral of chronic illness or coordination of ongoing care.
  6. Immediate first aid and blood pressure checks. 
  7. Evaluation and treatment of allergies and referral for initial antigen treatment (“allergy shots”) if needed, with  continuation of allergy antigen injections at the Student Health Center.
  8. Pregnancy testing and contraception evaluation.
  9. Screening exams and testing for sexually transmitted infections and free HIV testing.
  10. Referrals and treatment of sexual abuse/assault.
  11. Evaluation, assistance, and referrals for substance abuse and eating disorders.
  12. Mental health consultation and treatment by a Behavioral Health Provider/Licensed Psychologist
  13. Blood draws and lab tests   in our licensed, accredited laboratory with a licensed practitioner’s order.
  14. Standard prescription and non-prescription medications in our licensed, accredited pharmacy.
  15. Free health information and health education programs.
  16. Evaluation and treatment by specialists: sports medicine and gynecology.
  17. Care Management services by a Licensed Social Worker.
  18. Telehealth appointments
  19. Referrals to community physicians and specialists if services are unavailable on campus.

ALL MEDICAL RECORDS ARE KEPT STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL IN ACCORDANCE WITH STATE AND FEDERAL LAW. Information will not be released to anyone without the written consent of the student except as provided by law or in the case of a life-threatening emergency. Students under the age of 18, by Nevada state law, are minors and must have a signed, notarized parental consent and release for medical care on file at the Student Health Center prior to care being given. These forms are available on-line at http://www.unlv.edu/srwc/health-center/forms.

Student Health and Counseling/Psych Service Fees: These mandatory fees supports the various medical and mental health services available to students on campus.

Student Health Insurance: All graduate students taking 9 credits or more per semester, all graduate assistants, and all School of Law students taking 12 credits or more, must have health insurance coverage either through UNLV or the insurance carrier of their choice. All full time graduate and professional students are charged for UNLV student health insurance. If you are able to provide proof that you carry alternate insurance from a non-UNLV provider, you may qualify for a waiver, and the UNLV health insurance fee will be removed from your account. For more information or to apply for a waiver, please visit: https://www.unlv.edu/graduatecollege/current/healthinsurance.  All F-1 UNLV international students are  charged health insurance fees when they register for classes. They also have the opportunity to waive out if they find a comparable policy with F-1 benefits, e.g. evacuation and repatriation.

Mandatory Immunization Requirement: The state of Nevada follows the guidelines of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Nevada Administrative Code 441A.755 states that a person shall not attend a college or university in this state without proof of immunity to tetanus, diphtheria, measles, mumps, rubella and any other disease specified by the state Board of Health unless excused because of religious belief or medical condition. Additionally, all college freshmen less than 23 years of age who are enrolled at a Nevada university are required to show proof of immunity to or vaccination against meningitis. Students must provide proof of immunity or vaccination directly to the Office of Admissions.

Student Counseling & Psychological Services

^ Top


Pursuing a university education can be exciting and challenging. It can also be highly stressful since social and personal concerns can interfere with students’ academic work and emotional well-being. Student Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is committed to helping students benefit fully from their college experience at UNLV. Our psychologists, counselors, and psychiatrist specialize in dealing with the problems commonly experienced by college students of all ages and backgrounds. We collaborate with students to increase self-understanding and develop the skills necessary to overcome personal concerns.

Confidential services offered to assist students manage the adjustment demands and personal challenges of college include:

  • Individual counseling
  • Group Counseling
  • Couples counseling (At least one member of the couple must be a currently enrolled UNLV student.)
  • Crisis assessment and intervention
  • Psychological assessment and testing
  • Drug and alcohol use assessment
  • Eating Disorder Assessment and Treatment
  • Medication evaluation and management
  • Referrals to community health care providers when the student’s needs cannot be adequately provided for within the limits of a short-term therapy approach
  • Educational workshops and presentations
  • Consultation to members of the campus community (faculty, staff, and students)

All currently enrolled UNLV students who paid their Student Health and Mental Health Fees are eligible for confidential counseling services. There are no additional charges, except for certain psychological testing and the cost of medication, if applicable.  Please call us at 702-895-3627 to schedule an initial consultation appointment. Our office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

For situations that need immediate attention, a crisis counselor is available during operating hours.  We are located on the third floor of the Student Recreation and Wellness Center. For more information, call us at 702-895-3627 or visit our website at http://www.unlv.edu/srwc/caps

Rebel Wellness Zone (RWZ) - Wellness Promotion

Location: 2nd Floor SRWC
The Rebel Wellness Zone is your wellness and recreation resource on campus. Our programs and services enhance the collegiate learning experience and encourage lifelong personal wellness. It’s a place for you to relax, recharge and learn to help a friend and yourself! The RWZ and Wellness Promotion staff offer a safe space for GLBTQIA and students in recovery. Programs and services offered via the RWZ include:

  • Relaxation Room with automated massage chairs. Free! Call 702-895-4400 to reserve or drop in.  www.unlv.edu/srwc/wellness-promotion/relaxation-room
  • Registered Dietitian - Nutrition consultations are free for students who have paid the Student Health Fee. Call 702-895-4377 or 702-895-3370. www.unlv.edu/srwc/wellness-promotion/dietitian
  • Free HIV Testing Clinics offered 3-4 times per Fall and Spring semester. Check our website for current semester’s dates/times. Tests are always available for a fee in the Student Health Center. www.unlv.edu/srwc/wellness-promotion/sexual-health
  • Personal Training – Convenient and affordable! Hire a personal trainer to help motivate, educate and guide you to your fitness goals. www.unlv.edu/srwc/fitness-rec/personal-training
  • Fitness Assessments – The first step in developing your fitness goals. Includes measures of flexibility, strength, cardiovascular endurance and body composition. www.unlv.edu/srwc/fitness-rec/assessments
  • Healthy Rebel Peer Educators –Student organization of peers who teach, advocate, and encourage healthier lifestyles on campus. www.unlv.edu/srwc/groups/healthy-rebels
  • HYPER: Collegiate Recovery Support – A student organization of peers supporting other peers in recovery and in living a substance-free lifestyle for any reason. www.unlv.edu/srwc/groups/hyper
  • Campus programs/presentations/events – We host events on campus and offer presentations and programs on alcohol and other drugs, impaired driving, nutrition, physical activity, stress management, sleep, safer sex, relationship communication, body image and more!
  • BACCHUS Certified Peer Educator Training – Leadership empowerment training to become a peer educator and teach with us. National Certification.  www.unlv.edu/srwc/education-workshops
  • Resource brochure library and safer sex kits can be found in our lounge.
  • Free personal hygiene products.
  • Internships, practicum hours and professional leadership opportunities available! www.unlv.edu/srwc/wellness-promotion/internships

The Jean Nidetch Women’s Center

^ Top

Phone: 702-895-4475
Fax: 702-895-0601

The Jean Nidetch Women’s Center provides free and confidential support services to members of the UNLV community who have been impacted by sexual assault, relationship abuse, family violence and/or stalking. Programs and services are available to people of all identities and regardless of status. The JNWC aims to end these forms of power-based personal violence by engaging the campus community in education, programming and transformative action.  

Get Support Now 
UNLV students can receive individual support to assist them through the process of making decisions, accessing support, working through feelings, and exploring the impact and meaning of their experiences. The decision to receive support services is often made while dealing with challenging circumstances, so our hope is to make getting started easier. 

Become a CARE Advocate
The CARE Advocates are a departmentally sponsored, volunteer student organization that volunteer within the JNWC to provide direct service to victims/survivors of relationship violence, as well as facilitate in-classroom presentations. 

Healing Through Connections
The JNWC recognizes that healing is not linear or restricted to one type or modality. This program creates transformative and nurturing spaces in which students who have experienced interpersonal trauma can find safety, connection and support. 

Campus Education & Events
The JNWC is dedicated to helping to create a campus that is safe, inclusive, and free from sexual assault, relationship violence, and stalking. We support this mission by providing in-classroom education, hosting campus-wide awareness events, and table at outreach events.

For UNLV Faculty & Staff
The JNWC Staff provides support to UNLV faculty & staff who are impacted by interpersonal violence. Staff also provides training & support to faculty on how to appropriately support students, and how to include education within departmental curriculum/policies.

All students are welcome to visit the JNWC on the second floor of the Student Service Complex SSC-A, Room #255 (located directly behind the Cox Pavilion).

Honors, Awards, and Scholarships

Nevada Centennial Medallion Award: A silver medallion is presented each year to the graduating senior who achieved the highest four-year scholastic record at the university. The first medallion, representing the state’s 100th birthday, was awarded June 3, 1964, to a senior in UNLV’s first graduating class. The last of 101 medallions made available by the Rotary Club of Las Vegas will be presented in the year 2064 on Nevada’s bicentennial anniversary. A plaque listing all the recipients hangs in the library.

Phi Kappa Phi Medallion: Graduating seniors who have been initiated into UNLV’s chapter of Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society are presented with bronze medallions hung on a blue cord to wear over the gown at commencement. Each year UNLV’s chapter of Phi Kappa Phi invites to membership the top members of the senior and junior class in all academic disciplines.

College of Business
Phi Gamma Nu Award. Presented to the graduating senior with the highest grade point average.
Wall Street Journal Student Achievement Award. Given to an outstanding business student.

College of Education
Lilly Fong Outstanding Student Teacher Award. Presented to an outstanding senior completing student teaching.
Science and Art Technology. Presented to an undergraduate or graduate seeking initial licensure with a science or art education major.
Evelyn Semling Endowment. Presented to sophomores, juniors, and seniors in undergraduate programs in elementary education.

College of Fine Arts
Colonel Koch Award. Presented to an outstanding art student.
Outstanding Achievement in Art Award
Outstanding Choreographer Award in Dance
Outstanding Graduating Music Student Awards
Outstanding Performer Award in Dance
Outstanding Scholar Award in Dance
Outstanding Theatre Arts Senior Award

Division of Health Sciences
E.R. Squibb and Sons Award. Presented for outstanding achievement in nuclear medicine and radiological sciences.
Outstanding Student Awards in Nursing. The Clark County Medical Society Auxiliary presents awards to outstanding students in the baccalaureate degree programs.

School of Nursing
Outstanding Student Awards in Nursing. The Clark County Medical Society Auxiliary presents awards to outstanding students in the degree programs.
Mary Lou Loveday Endowed Memorial Scholarship: Memorial scholarship offered to a full-time student with children at home.
Maria Tiberti Nursing Scholarship: Awarded by the Tiberti Foundation to a full-time prenursing or nursing student.
Alfred and Marjorie Rappaport Foundation: Awarded by Lahr Foundation to full-time undergraduate and graduate students.
Harry and Rebecca Lahr Scholarship: Awarded by Lahr Foundation to full-time undergraduate and graduate students.

College of Hospitality, William F. Harrah
Merit Award of American Hotel Foundation. Presented for meritorious achievement to a finalist in nationwide competition for the Arthur J. Packard Memorial Scholarship.
Outstanding Achievement in Hotel Accounting. Presented to a hotel student showing superior academic achievement overall and in accounting by the Las Vegas chapter of the International Association of Hotel/Motel Accountants.

College of Liberal Arts
Academic Merit Scholarship. Awarded to graduating sociology student holding the highest GPA.
Audre Lorde Award for the Outstanding Student in Gender and Sexuality Studies. Established to honor a graduating Gender and Sexuality Studies major who has demonstrated outstanding scholarship, service, and activism within the field of Gender and Sexuality Studies.
Award for Excellence in Philosophy. Given to a junior or senior majoring or minoring in philosophy, based on a paper submitted in an annual competition.
C. Wright Mills Student Award. Awarded to an outstanding graduating senior in sociology.
John S. Wright Award. Given for best graduating history major.
Joseph A. (Andy) Fry Award. History award given for the best senior capstone paper.
Maura Kaufman Award. Presented to an outstanding student majoring in English.
Ralph Roske Award. Given for best beginning history major.
Outstanding Student in Psychology. Presented to the outstanding senior in psychology.
Psi Chi Distinguished Service Award. Presented to a graduating senior for outstanding service contributions.
Sidney Green Award. Awarded to an outstanding junior in sociology.
Undergraduate Research Award. Presented to seniors in psychology for outstanding achievements in research.
VISTA Award. Awarded to an outstanding graduating senior in the College of Liberal Arts.
C. Wright Mills Student Award. Awarded to an outstanding graduating senior in sociology.

College of Sciences
American Institute of Chemists Student Award. Given to an outstanding senior in chemistry
American Chemical Society Undergraduate Award in Analytical Chemistry
American Chemical Society Undergraduate Award in Organic and Polymer Chemistry
Anne Wyman Mineralogy Award
Boulder Dam Section of the American Chemical Society. Given to an outstanding chemistry student
Chemical Rubber Company Chemistry Achievement Award. Presented to an outstanding freshman chemistry student
Chemistry Department Awards for Achievement in General Chemistry
Clark County Gem Collectors, Inc. Presented to outstanding geology students
Geological Society of Nevada Scholarship
Outstanding Graduating Senior in Mathematics Award
Outstanding Beginning Physics Student Award
Ronald L. Lynn Award. Given for outstanding service to the geoscience department
Terry Evans Memorial Award. Given to exceptional students in aquatic biology

College of Urban Affairs, Greenspun
Outstanding Student of the Year in the Department of Social Work

Tutoring and Coaching

The Academic Success Center (ASC) provides tutoring, academic success coaching, and other academic assistance for all UNLV undergraduate students. For information regarding tutoring subjects, tutoring times, and other ASC programs and services, please visit the ASC website, or call 702-895-3177. The ASC building is located across from the Student Services Complex (SSC). Academic success coaching is located on the second floor of SSC A, Room 254. Drop-in tutoring is located on the second floor of the Lied Library, and on the second floor of the College of Engineering building (TBE A 207).

UNLV Writing Center

One-on-one or small group assistance with writing is available free of charge to UNLV students at the Writing Center, located in the Central Desert Complex, Building 3, Room 301 (CDC 3–301). Walk-in consultations are sometimes available, but students with appointments receive priority assistance. Students may make appointments in person or by calling the Center, 702-895-3908. Students are requested to bring to their appointments their Rebel ID Card, a copy of the instructions for their assignment, and two copies of any writing they have completed on their assignment.