Dec 04, 2022
Individuals who already hold a master’s degree in nursing and meet the admission qualifications, may take courses leading to the Nursing Education Post-Masters Certificate. Admitted students take courses as a non-degree student and are awarded a certificate documenting completion of the required course work. The Nursing Education Post-Masters Certificate prepares individuals for teaching positions within a program of nursing or a nurse educator position in a clinical setting. Additional courses beyond the minimum courses needed for the certificate program may be required if the applicants earned M.S. in Nursing lack courses required by the UNLV School of Nursing.
View Program Disclaimers.
For more information about your program, including your graduate program handbook and learning outcomes, please visit the Degree Directory.
Plan Admission Requirements
Applications available on the UNLV Graduate College website.
Students must apply and submit all admission materials via the Grad Rebel Gateway system available through the Graduate College. The following items are required:
- Transcripts of all course work for both baccalaureate and masters degrees must be sent to the School of Nursing and Graduate College. Transcripts must show coursework in Advanced Physical Assessment, Advanced Pathophysiology, and Advanced Pharmacology. Additionally, if unofficial transcripts are available to the student, please upload to the application. Nursing course work must have been completed at a nursing program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from either instructors or employers that speak to the applicant’s potential to complete the Advanced Graduate Certificate in Nursing Education Program.
- Statement of 300 words describing the students’ professional goals and reason for seeking a nurse practitioner certificate.
- Current resume or vita.
- Current, unrestricted, valid RN license in state of residence.
- Have practiced as a baccalaureate-prepared registered nurse (RN) for a minimum of 2000 hours prior to beginning coursework in the program.
Seat Holding Fee: A one-time, non-refundable deposit of $500 is required as a seat holding fee. This deposit will be credited towards tuition costs once admissions acceptance has been completed.
All applicants must review and follow the Graduate College Admission and Registration Requirements.
Students are accepted into a certificate program as described in the Graduate Catalog. The faculty and corresponding sub-disciplines and sub-plans within the described programs are subject to change at any time.
Total Credits Required: 12
Required Courses – Credits: 12
Completion of a minimum of 12 credits with a minimum GPA of 3.00.
Plan Certificate Completion Requirements
Students may apply for graduation up to two semesters prior to completing their degree requirements. All required forms must be submitted to the graduate college via the Grad Rebel Gateway.
This program does not result in licensure and certification.