Sep 28, 2022
The dual MBA and MS – MIS program of study is designed for those who seek career and business leadership opportunities in management information systems. The program will provide students with the needed skills, knowledge, and tools to become visionary and creative business leaders with strong competency in management information systems. The core MBA program is designed to advance the knowledge and practice of business and administration. The MS – MIS portion of the dual degree is designed to prepare graduates with a broad-based knowledge of information system design, development, implementation, evaluation, and maintenance.
The program includes 54-credits and the student will receive both, an MBA and an MS MIS degree. Each student completes a total of 24 credits in MIS courses and a total of 30 credits in MBA core courses with a minimum GPA of 3.0. MBA courses are accepted as credits of elective towards the MS MIS degree. The program does not require a thesis.
For more information about your program, including your graduate program handbook and learning outcomes, please visit the Degree Directory.
Plan Admission Requirements
Applications available on the UNLV Graduate College website.
The admission requirements for the dual degree program are the same as each of the MBA and M.S. – Management Information Systems programs. Applicants must be admitted to each of the MBA and M.S. – Management Information Systems programs. Candidates have to apply to the MBA/MS – MIS Dual Degree program and meet the respective application requirements of each of the programs respectively.
All domestic and international applicants must review and follow the Graduate College Admission and Registration Requirements.
Students are accepted into a degree program as described in the Graduate Catalog. The faculty and corresponding sub-disciplines and sub-plans within the described programs are subject to change at any time.
Total Credits Required: 54
Total Credits Required for the Business Administration M.B.A.: 30
MBA Core Required Courses – Credits: 18
Electives – Credits: 9
Complete 9 credits of electives from any 700-level course offered by the Lee Business School.
Capstone Course – Credits: 3
Total Credits Required for the Management Information Systems M.S.: 24
Required Courses – Credits: 18
Electives – Credits: 6
Complete 6 credits of electives from any 600/700-level course offered by the Lee Business School.
With approval of the MS – MIS program graduate coordinator, required MIS courses may be substituted with elective courses to avoid duplication of a student’s previous course work and to address the needs of the student’s specific career choice.
- Completion of a minimum of 30 credits of MBA core courses and a minimum of 24 credits of MS – MIS courses.
- A grade point average of at least 3.00 for course work required for the degree.
- No grade lower than C is acceptable.
- Students with unsatisfactory progress toward the degree requirements are subject to dismissal. A student with a grade of C or lower in any of the required courses for the degree will be put on probation for one semester. Conditions and deadlines for the removal of probation will be specified. Failure to meet the condition will result in departure from the program. A student with two grades of C or lower will be dropped from the program.
- The MIS 781 course is the culminating course for the MS MIS portion of this dual degree. This course should be taken during the last year of the student’s enrollment in this program.
Plan Graduation Requirements
Successful completion of the capstone course.
Students cannot graduate from one portion of the dual degree until the requirements for both are met. Students must apply to graduate from both programs for the same semester.
Students may apply for graduation up to two semesters prior to completing their degree requirements. All required forms must be submitted to the graduate college via the Grad Rebel Gateway