Sep 28, 2022
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas School of Dental Medicine and the Lee Business School offer a dual Doctorate of Dental Medicine (DMD) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program that allows students to be admitted in both programs and achieve the DMD and MBA degrees. As a concurrent program, the dual degree requires that students satisfy the degree requirements of both programs. The dual Master of Business Administration and Doctorate of Dental Medicine (MBA and DMD) program is designed for those who seek career and business leadership opportunities in the field of dentistry. Students will receive two degrees, an MBA and a DMD.
The MBA degree at the Lee Business School requires 42 credits. Under the dual degree program 12 credits of dental courses are accepted towards the MBA degree.
For more information about your program, including your graduate program handbook and learning outcomes please visit the Degree Directory.
Plan Admission Requirements
Applications available on the UNLV Graduate College website.
Applicants to the DMD/MBA program must submit formal applications for admission to both the School of Dental Medicine and to the Lee Business School. Students must meet the requirements for admission to both programs. Admissions requirements are the same as those stated under the DMD and MBA programs. Contact the UNLV School of Dental Medicine and the Lee Business School MBA programs for further information on admissions requirements. Applications from current students in either program will be considered. Entry into the MBA program for students from the School of Dental Medicine will be no earlier than the fall semester of year two of the dental curriculum. However, petitions requesting admission to the dual DMD/MBA program from students at more advanced stages will be considered.
All domestic and international applicants must review and follow the Graduate College Admission and Registration Requirements.
Students are accepted into a degree program as described in the Graduate Catalog. The faculty and corresponding sub-disciplines and sub-plans within the described programs are subject to change at any time.
Total Credits Required: 216
Total Credits Required for the Business Administration M.B.A.: 30
MBA Core Required Courses – Credits: 18
Electives – Credits: 9
Complete 9 credits of electives from any 700-level course offered by the Lee Business School.
Capstone Course – Credits: 3
Total Credits Required for the Doctor of Dental Medicine: 186
Students must be admitted to both the DMD and MBA programs with graduate standing. The candidates must successfully complete the 186 credits of Dentistry and the 30 credits of the MBA required course work.
- UNLV School of Dental Medicine cannot award credit for any class taken before matriculation.
- A maximum of six credits of courses taken prior to admission to the DMD/MBA program may be applied towards the MBA degree requirement. This includes all courses taken as a fully admitted graduate MBA student at an AACSB accredited business school, as an admitted dental student at UNLV, or as a non-admitted student at UNLV before admission to the MBA program.
- DMD/MBA candidates who subsequently decide to pursue only the DMD or only the MBA must complete the degree program in its entirety and are subject to the same rules and requirements as students not pursuing the DMD/MBA program.
- DMD/MBA may not receive credit for taking courses outside their degree program except as set forth in this document and with prior approval.
- Student honors and class ranks at the School of Dental Medicine will be computed based solely on dental classes. Student honors and class ranks at the Lee Business School will be computed based solely on business classes.
- Students in the DMD/MBA program must remain in good standing at both DMD and MBA programs.
- Students in the DMD/MBA program are subject to the same rules and regulations that apply to all students at the School of Dental Medicine and the Lee Business School.
- The Lee Business School and the School of Dental Medicine reserve the right to limit participation in the program, including dismissal. Those interested are encouraged to submit a request for permission to participate in the program, along with applications for admission, at the earliest possible time.
Plan Graduation Requirements
Students cannot graduate from one portion of the dual degree until the requirements for both are met. Students must apply to graduate from both programs for the same semester.
Successful completion of the capstone course.
Students may apply for graduation up to two semesters prior to completing their degree requirements. All required forms must be submitted to the graduate college via the Grad Rebel Gateway.