Jan 27, 2021
Nutrition Science - Bachelor of Science (BS)
Please see the UNLV Department of Nutrition Science web page at http://nutrition.unlv.edu/ for information about department programs, faculty and facilities. Degree worksheets and 4/5 year plan for the major are available at https://www.unlv.edu/degree/bs-nutrition-sciences.
Please see advising information at The Division of Health Sciences Academic Advising Center at http://www.unlv.edu/healthsciences.
Institution - Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities www.nwccu.org
- The program will prepare graduates for a dietetics career utilizing the knowledge and skills gained during the DPD.
- Recruit and retain a diverse population of students.
- Provide mentoring opportunities to foster participation in various educational and professional activities.
- Provide students with the opportunity to work with a diverse population.
University Graduation Requirements
Nutrition Science Degree Requirements - Total: 120-121 Credits
General Education Requirements - Subtotal: 36-37 Credits
First-Year Seminar - Credits: 2-3
English Composition - Credits: 6
Second-Year Seminar - Credits: 3
Constitutions - Credits: 4
Distribution Requirement - Credits: 18
Please see Distribution Requirements for more information.
- Humanities and Fine Arts - Credits: 9
- Two courses from two different areas - 6 credits
- One course in Fine Arts - 3 credits
- Social Science - Credits: 9
- One course each from three different fields
- Life and Physical Sciences and Analytical Thinking
- Automatically satisfied by Major requirements
Multicultural and International
These courses may overlap with general education and major requirements. A single course may not meet the multicultural and international requirements simultaneously. For the list of approved multicultural and international courses, go to: http://facultysenate.unlv.edu/students
Major Requirement - BS in Nutrition Science - Dietetics - Subtotal: 84 Credits
Nutrition Sciences - Pre Professional Concentration
Major Requirement - BS in Nutrition Science - Pre Professional Concentration - Subtotal: 84 Credits
Major Requirement - BS in Nutrition Science - Sports Nutrition Concentration - Subtotal: 84 Credits