Jan 28, 2020
Economics Major- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
Please see the UNLV Lee Business School web page at www.business.unlv.edu for information about department programs, faculty and facilities.
Please see advising information at the UNLV Lee Business School Undergraduate Advising at www.business.unlv.edu/advising.
Institution - Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities www.nwccu.org
Program - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business www.aacsb.edu/
- Use supply and demand analysis;
- Apply the concept of opportunity cost;
- Use marginal analysis;
- Use the appropriate models to explain the behavior of economic agents in different market structures;
- Explain the causes of short-run fluctuations in macroeconomic variables;
- Explain the determinants of long run economic growth;
- Predict the effects of various micro- and macroeconomic policies using the appropriate models;
- Gather, analyze, and interpret economic data;
- Describe the role and function of financial markets, institutions, and policies;
- Analyze global economic issues.
University Graduation Requirements
Degree Requirements - Total: 120 Credits
General Education Requirements - Subtotal: 35-40 Credits
Where specific course are not identified, please see the related section of the Undergraduate Catalog for information about which courses may satisfy university core requirements.
First-Year Seminar - Credits: 2-3
English Composition - Credits: 6
Second-Year Seminar - Credits: 3
Constitutions - Credits: 3-6
Mathematics - Credits: 3
Distribution Requirements - Credits:18-19
Please see Distribution Requirements for more information.
- Humanities and Fine Arts: 9 credits
- Humanities, 6 credits required from two different areas. It is recommended that students take , as one of the humanities courses.
- Fine Arts , 3 credits required
- Social Science
- Automatically satisfied by business requirements
- Life and Physical Sciences and Analytical Thinking: 9-10 credits
- Life and Physical Sciences - 6-7 credits
- One science course with a lab
- One non-lab science course
- Analytical Thinking - 3 credits
Multicultural and International
Multicultural, one three-credit course required
International, one three-credit course required
These courses may overlap with general education and major requirements. A single course may not meet the multicultural and international requirements simultaneously. For the list of approved multicultural and international courses, go to: http://facultysenate.unlv.edu/students
Lee Business School Requirements - BSBA in Economics Subtotal: 75-80 Credits
Other Lee Business School Requirements - Credits: 9-11
Business Administration Core Requirements - Credits: 42-45
Economics Major Requirements - Credits: 24
Nine of the 24 required economics major credits must be 400-level ECON courses.
General Electives - Credits: 0-10
The number of general electives necessary for each student varies based on how many credits a student uses to satisfy the requirements identified above. The minimum credits required to earn a degree from Lee Business School is 120.
- Students planning to pursue graduate studies in economics are encouraged to take ECON 402 , 403 , 440 , , 442 and 493 .
- Students interested in careers in government are encouraged to take ECON 307 , , 451 and 470 .
- Students pursuing careers in business are encouraged to take ECON 457 , , 462 , and480 .
- For students planning a career in law, a major in economics offers excellent preparation. Recommended electives for the pre-law major include ECON 354 , 455 and 457 .