Sep 27, 2021
For details about admission requirements, transfer policies, degree and graduation requirements, and college policies, please refer to the Lee Business School section of the Undergraduate Catalog.
General Education Requirements - Total Credits: 35-46 credits
Where specific courses are not identified, please see the related section of the Undergraduate Catalog for information about which courses may satisfy university core requirements.
First-Year Seminar - Total Credits: 2-3
English Composition - Total Credits: 6
Second-Year Seminar - Total Credits: 3
Constitutions - Total Credits: 3-6
Mathematics - Total Credits: 3
Distribution Requirement: Social Science
Because the courses taught by the Lee Business School are deemed part of the social sciences distribution area, students pursuing a major in the Lee Business School must fulfill the distribution requirement by completing courses in each of two content areas outside the major area of study. Those areas are:
Humanities and Fine Arts; and Life and Physical Sciences and Analytical Thinking.
Humanities and Fine Arts - Total Credits: 9
Humanities, 6 credits required from two different areas. It is recommended that students take COM 101, Oral Communication, as one of the humanities courses.
Fine Arts, 3 credits required
Life and Physical Sciences, and Analytical Thinking - Total Credits: 9-10
Life and Physical Sciences, 6-7 credits required
One science course with a lab
One non-lab science course
Analytical Thinking, 3 credits required
- PHIL 102 - Critical Thinking and Reasoning
Multicultural and International Requirement - Total Credits: 0-6
Three credits in each area are required. These courses may overlap with general education and major requirements. For the list of approved multicultural and international courses, go to: http://web.unlv.edu/committees/gec. (Some business students may satisfy these requirements with courses required for a business major.)
• Multicultural, 3 credits required
• International, 3 credits required
Other Lee Business School Requirements - Total Credits: 9-11
Business Administration Core Requirements - Total Credits: 42-45
Entrepreneurship Major Requirements - Total Credits: 24
- Every student must complete a three-credit multicultural course and a three-credit international course. Courses satisfying other requirements may simultaneously satisfy the multicultural and international requirements except one course cannot satisfy both the multicultural and the international requirements. For an approved list, visit http://www.unlv.edu/committees/gec.
- Students must take BUS 497 as the capstone course in the business core.
- Students interested in consumer opportunities are encouraged to choose MKT 312. Students interested in business-to-business opportunities are encouraged to take MKT 473.
General Electives - Total Credits: 0-10
The number of general electives necessary for each student varies based on how many credits a student used to satisfy the requirement identified above. The minimum number of degree-applicable credits required to earn a degree form the Lee Business School is 120.