Dec 04, 2023
Architecture Major- Bachelor of Science (BS)
Please see the UNLV School of Architecture web page at https://www.unlv.edu/architecture/bs-arch for information about department programs, faculty and facilities. Degree worksheets and 4/5 year plan for the major are available at www.unlv.edu/degree/bs-architecture.
Please see advising information at the UNLV College of Fine Arts Advising Center at www.unlv.edu/finearts/advising.
Institution - Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities www.nwccu.org
- Communicate effectively in written, spoken, visual and digital modes.
- Conduct and apply research in relevant precedents and historic traditions, including global and multicultural societies.
- Demonstrate understanding of formal ordering systems.
- Design sites, facilities and systems that respond to site and climate.
- Design sites, facilities and systems which reflect basic life safety and accessibility issues.
- Understand the basic principles of structural behavior and system selection and environmental control system design.
- Understand the relationship between human behavior, the natural environment, and the built environment.
- Understand the designer’s role in society and the means of carrying out that role through informed, responsible and ethical decision making.
University Graduation Requirements
Architecture Degree Requirements - Total: 120-123
General Education Requirements - Subtotal 37-42
First-Year Seminar - Credits: 2-3
English Composition - Credits: 6
Second-Year Seminar - Credits: 3
Constitutions - Credits: 4-6
Mathematics - Credits: 3-5
Distribution Requirements - Credits: 19
Please see Distribution Requirements for more information.
- Humanities and Fine Arts:
- Automatically satisfied by Major requirements
- Social Science: 9 Credits
- One course each from three different fields
- Life and Physical Sciences and Analytical Thinking: 10 Credits
- Two courses from life and physical sciences category (at least one course of which must have a laboratory);
- Analytical Thinking 3 credit course
Multicultural and International
Multicultural, one 3 credit course required
International, one 3 credit course required
These courses may overlap with general education and major requirements. A single course may not meet the multicultural and international requirements simultaneously. For the list of approved multicultural and international courses, go to: https://www.unlv.edu/provost/multicultural-requirements
Major Degree Requirements - BS in Architecture Subtotal: 81 Credits
1. AAE 282 , AAE 482 and Portfolio review are milestone courses for Architecture B.S.