Dec 09, 2022
Marketing Major - Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
Please see the UNLV Lee Business School, Marketing Department web page at http://www.unlv.edu/mib for information about department programs, faculty and facilities. Degree worksheets and 4/5 year plan for the major are available at https://www.unlv.edu/degree/bsba-marketing
Please see advising information at the UNLV Lee Business School Undergraduate Advising’s web page at https://www.unlv.edu/business/advising
Institution - Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (www.nwccu.org)
School - Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (www.aacsb.edu)
- Synthesize topic - related basic and applied research in marketing
- Incorporate research based consumer psychology into marketing problem analysis and strategy.
- Critically evaluate marketing strategies.
- Describe, evaluate and apply a market orientation
University Graduation Requirements
Degree Requirements - Total: 120 Credits
General Education Requirements - Subtotal: 35-46 Credits
First-Year Seminar - Credits: 2-3
English Composition - Credits: 6
Second-Year Seminar - Credits: 3
Constitutions - Credits: 3-6
Distribution Requirement - Credits: 18-19
Please see Distribution Requirements for more information.
- Humanities and Fine Arts - Credits: 9
- Humanities, 6 credits required from two different areas. It is recommended that students take , as one of the humanities courses.
- Fine Arts, 3 credits required
- Social Science:
- Automatically satisfied by business requirements
- Life and Physical Sciences and Analytical Thinking: 9-10
- Two Life and Physical Sciences - 6-7 credits
- One science course with a lab
- One non-lab science course
- Analytical Thinking 3 credit course
Multicultural and International Requirement (Credits: 0-6)
Multicultural, one three-credit course required
International, one three-credit course required
These courses may overlap with general education and major requirements. A single course may not meet the multicultural and international requirements simultaneously. For the list of approved multicultural and international courses, go to:https://www.unlv.edu/provost/multicultural-requirements.
Major Requirements - BSBA in Marketing - Subtotal: 72-76 Credits
Business Administration Core Requirements - Credits: 42-45
Other Lee Business School Requirements - Credits: 6-7
Marketing Major Requirements - Credits: 24
General Electives - Credits: 0-13
The number of general electives necessary for each student varies based on how many credits a student uses to satisfy the requirements identified above. The minimum number of degree-applicable credits required to earn a degree from the Lee Business School is 120.
- All courses in the major requirements section must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Any course that is included as a prerequisite for a Lee Business School course requires a minimum grade of C or better.