First-Year Seminar - Credits: 2-3
English Composition - Credits: 6
Second-Year Seminar - Credits: 3
Constitutions - Credits: 3-6
Distribution Requirement - Credits 18-19
Please see Distribution Requirements for more information.
- Humanities and Fine Arts - Total Credits: 9
- Humanities, 6 credits required from two different areas. It is recommended that students take , as one of the humanities courses.
- Fine Arts, 3 credits required
- Social Science:
- Automatically satisfied by business requirements
- Life and Physical Sciences and Analytical Thinking: 9-10
- Life and Physical Sciences - 6-7 credits
- One science course with a lab
- One non-lab science course
- Analytical Thinking 3 credit course
Multicultural and International Requirement (Credits: 0-6)
Multicultural, one three-credit course required
International, one three-credit course required
These courses may overlap with general education and major requirements. A single course may not meet the multicultural and international requirements simultaneously. For the list of approved multicultural and international courses, go to: https://www.unlv.edu/provost/multicultural-requirements.
1. Students must have earned 39 credits of 300- and 400-level courses upon graduation.
2. Suggested programs of study:
Students who intend to focus on certain functional areas in finance can choose one of the following suggested programs.
a. Financial management: finance core courses, ACC 401 , FIN 321 , FIN 405 , FIN 480 .
b. Investments: finance core courses, FIN 410 , FIN 419 , one elective finance course, RE 334 .
c. Financial services: finance core courses, FIN 322 , FIN 445 , one 400-level FIN course, RE 332 .
3. The prerequisites for some electives, such as ACC 401 , are not degree applicable.
4. All courses in the major requirements section must be completed with a grade of C or better.
5. Any course that is included as a prerequisite for a Lee Business School course requires a minimum grade of C or better.