Jun 09, 2023
Return to: Programs
Entrepreneurship Major - Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Please see the UNLV Lee Business School web page at https://www.unlv.edu/business for information about department programs, faculty and facilities. Degree worksheets and 4/5 year plan for the major are available at https://www.unlv.edu/degree/bsba-entrepreneurship.
Please see advising information at the UNLV Lee Business School Undergraduate Advising at https://www.unlv.edu/business/advising.
Institution - Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities www.nwccu.org
Program - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business www.aacsb.edu/
- Recognize, analyze, and construct feasible concepts within small business and entrepreneurial environments.
- Propose plans to gather and organize resources to address evolving opportunity and the ongoing reassessment of needs as the context changes over time.
- Propose appropriate plans for funding the startup and continued operations of an organization.
- Develop an operations strategy, involving integrated production and distribution of goods, services, and information as a means to achieve competitive advantage.
University Graduation Requirements
Degree Requirements - Total: 120 Credits
General Education Requirements - Subtotal: 35-46
First-Year Seminar - Credits: 2-3
English Composition - Credits: 6
Second-Year Seminar - Credits: 3
Constitutions - Credits: 3-6
Distribution Requirement - Credits: 18-19
Please see Distribution Requirements for more information.
- Humanities and Fine Arts: 9 credits
- Humanities, 6 credits required from two different areas. It is recommended that students take , as one of the humanities courses.
- Fine Arts, 3 credits required
- Social Science
- Automatically satisfied by business requirements
- Life and Physical Sciences and Analytical Thinking: 6-7 credits
- Two courses from life and physical sciences category; at least one must have a lab.
- Analytical Thinking 3 credit course
Multicultural and International Requirement (Credits: 0-6)
Multicultural, one three-credit course required
International, one three-credit course required
These courses may overlap with general education and major requirements. A single course may not meet the multicultural and international requirements simultaneously. For the list of approved multicultural and international courses, go to: https://www.unlv.edu/provost/multicultural-requirements.
Lee Business School Requirements - BSBA in Entrepreneurship - Subtotal: 72-76 Credits
Business Administration Core Requirements - Credits: 42-45
Other Lee Business School Requirements - Credits: 6-7
Entrepreneurship Major Requirements - Credits: 24
General Electives - Credits: 0-13
The number of electives necessary for each student varies based on how many credits a student uses to satisfy the requirements identified above. The minimum number of degree-applicable credits required to earn a degree from the Lee Business School is 120.
- All courses in the major requirements section must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Any course that is included as a prerequisite for a Lee Business School course requires a minimum grade of C or better.
Return to: Programs