Jun 27, 2022
The School of Public Policy and Leadership offers a Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management. The Certificate is designed for individuals with either a baccalaureate degree or a graduate degree who are interested in enhancing their educational background with regard to the nonprofit sector. The Certificate is designed to provide individuals the intellectual foundation to function as a manager in nonprofit organizations.
Students earning the certificate may apply for admission into the Master of Public Administration degree program. If accepted, the fifteen credits earned in the certificate program may be applied to the M.P.A. Additional information about admissions to the M.P.A. can be found on the School of Public Policy and Leadership web page.
For more information about your program, including your graduate program handbook and learning outcomes, please visit the Degree Directory.
Plan Admission Requirements
Applications available on the UNLV Graduate College website.
Applicants for admission to the Certificate in Nonprofit Management Program must have earned an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Applicants must be accepted by the Graduate College and the School of Public Policy and Leadership.
- Apply online to the Graduate College.
- All application material is subsequently reviewed by faculty to determine admission into the program.
- Additional materials listed below should be uploaded and submitted with your application:
- Official transcripts demonstrating an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university and a GPA sufficient to meet Graduate College requirements.
- Note: Unofficial transcripts are allowed to be uploaded and submitted with your application to allow initial evaluation.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors, employers, and/or professional colleagues. Identify the two people sending letters of recommendation on your behalf. They will, in turn, upload their letters to the Graduate College’s On-line application site. To get this process started, go to the Graduate College’s Application process web page and click on the RECOMMENDATIONS link at the left side of the page immediately below the Application process links. Then make sure you check “yes” when it asks you about submitting your letters electronically.
- A written essay explaining why you are interested in the certificate program in nonprofit management.
- A current resume.
All applicants must review and follow the Graduate College Admission and Registration Requirements.
Refer to the Graduate College website for current deadlines.
Students are accepted into a certificate program as described in the Graduate Catalog. The faculty and corresponding sub-disciplines and sub-plans within the described programs are subject to change at any time.
Total Credits Required: 15
Core Courses – Credits: 6
Required Courses – Credits: 6
Complete two of the following three credit courses:
Elective Courses – Credits: 3
Complete three of the following one-credit courses (three hours)
- Completion of a minimum of 15 credit hours with a minimum GPA of 3.00.
- Students are required to submit a profolio in their final semester. Specific guidelines for the portfolio may be obtained from the Nonprofit Certificate program director.
Plan Certificate Completion Requirements
- The student must submit all required forms to the Graduate College and then apply for graduation in MyUNLV by the appropriate deadline.
- Complete the final project paper.