Feb 26, 2021
Management Major- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
Please see the UNLV Lee Business School’s Management, Entrepreneurship and Technology Department’s web page at www.unlv.edu/met for information about department programs, faculty and facilities. Degree worksheets and 4/5 year plans for the major and concentration are available at https://www.unlv.edu/degree/bsba-management, https://www.unlv.edu/degree/human-resource-management
Please see advising information at the UNLV Lee Business School Undergraduate Advising at www.unlv.edu/business/advising.
Institution - Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (www.nwccu.org)
Program - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (www.aacsb.edu)
- Identify and explain the major tasks of the manager
- Discuss and apply major theories concerning the behavior of people in modern business organizations
- Identify and discuss alternate theories concerning the role of business in society, and implications of these theories
- Identify and discuss key issues involved in international management
- Identify and discuss key issues in the relations between workers and managers
- Work with others to identify issues and prepare solutions in the practical management of business
- Present analyses of and solutions to management problems in oral, written, and visual forms.
University Graduation Requirements
Degree Requirements - Total: 120 Credits
General Education Requirements - Subtotal: 35-46 Credits
First-Year Seminar - Credits: 2-3
English Composition - Credits: 6
Second-Year Seminar - Credits: 3
Constitutions - Credits: 3-6
Distribution Requirement - Credits: 18-19
Please see Distribution Requirements for more information.
- Humanities and Fine Arts - Credits: 9
- Humanities, 6 credits required from two different areas. It is recommended that students take , as one of the humanities courses.
- Fine Arts, 3 credits required
- Social Science:
- Automatically satisfied by business requirements
- Life and Physical Sciences and Analytical Thinking: 9-10
- Two Life and Physical Sciences - 6-7 credits
- One science course with a lab
- One non-lab science course
- Analytical Thinking - 3 credits
Multicultural and International Requirement - Credits: 0-6
Multicultural, one three-credit course required
International, one three-credit course required
These courses may overlap with general education and major requirements. A single course may not meet the multicultural and international requirements simultaneously. For the list of approved multicultural and international courses, go to: www.unlv.edu/provost/multicultural-requirement.
Lee Business School Requirements - BSBA in Management - Total: 72-76 Credits
Other Lee Business School Requirements - Credits: 6-7
Business Administration Core Requirements - Credits: 42-45
Management Major Requirements - Credits: 24
General Electives - Credits: 0-13
The number of electives necessary for each student varies based on how many credits a student uses to satisfy the requirements identified above. The minimum number of degree-applicable credits required to earn a degree from the Lee Business School is 120.
Management Major with Human Resource Management Concentration - Credits: 24
Management majors who want to focus on human resources may do so by declaring the Human Resource Management concentration. This concentration within the management major will prepare students for one of the most fundamental aspects of any business: hiring the right people for the right jobs. Students will also learn how to retain, train, compensate and gain a competitive advantage through those they hire. Students should declare their interest in the Human Resource Management concentration with an academic advisor in Lee Business School. Concentration courses replace the management major requirements (24 credits).