Jan 17, 2019
The Graduate Certificate in New Venture Management (GCNVM) is comprised of graduate classes currently offered through the Business Administration M.B.A. curriculum. The Graduate Certificate is designed for those students wishing to gain knowledge or update their knowledge in the specific area of New Venture Management. The Graduate Certificate is not a degree program and completion of this program indicates an expertise in a narrow specialty, not general expertise in all areas of business.
For more information about your program, including your graduate program handbook and learning outcomes, please visit the Degree Directory.
Plan Admission Requirements
Applications available on the UNLV Graduate College website.
Admission requirements include an undergraduate degree with a GPA of 3.00 or higher, and either relevant work experience or a GMAT of 550 or higher. Relevant work experience is a minimum of 3 years experience in a relevant business-related position. The determination of what is considered relevant work experience will be made by the Coordinator of Non Degree Programs in the College of Business.
If desired, upon successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in New Venture Management, students may apply for admittance into the Business Administration M.B.A.
All domestic and international applicants must review and follow the Graduate College Admission and Registration Requirements.
Students are accepted into a degree program as described in the Graduate Catalog. The faculty and corresponding sub-disciplines and sub-plans within the described programs are subject to change at any time.
Total Credits Required: 15
Required Courses – Credits: 9
MGT 709 - New Venture Feasibility
MGT 710 - New Venture Creation
MBA 767 - Market Opportunity Analysis
Elective Courses – Credits: 6
Complete 6 credits of advisor-approved coursework.
- Completion of a minimum of 15 credit hours.
- A grade point average of at least 3.00 for course work required for the certificate.
- No grade lower than C is acceptable.
- There are no pre-requisites for MBA 767; however, the remaining courses require the completion of the MBA Core or admission to the Graduate Certificate in New Venture Management as a pre-requisite.
- Students with unsatisfactory progress toward the certificate requirements are subject to dismissal. A student with a grade of C or lower in any of the required courses will be put on probation for one semester. Conditions and deadlines for the removal of probation will be specified. Failure to meet the condition will result in departure from the program. A student with two grades of C or lower will be dropped from the program.
Plan Certificate Completion Requirements
The student must submit all required forms to the Graduate College and then apply for graduation in MyUNLV by the appropriate deadline.