The School of Environmental and Public Affairs offers a Graduate Certificate in Solar and Renewable (SRE) Energy. The Certificate is designed for individuals already in possession of either a baccalaureate degree or a graduate degree. More specifically, the Certificate provides a specialized qualification for career professionals in the energy industry, professionals from other fields and individuals with baccalaureate degrees seeking entry into the renewable energy field, or currently enrolled graduate students seeking an additional specialization. This Certificate is designed to:
- Provide an interdisciplinary approach to SRE grounded in the three critical pillars of policy and governance, technology and physical science, and the built environment.
- Develop within students the intellectual and problem–solving foundation for a successful professional career in the SRE field.
- Improve the overall effectiveness of the solar and renewable energy sector in Nevada and the Western U.S.
Students earning the Certificate may apply for admission into UNLV graduate degree programs as long as they meet the existing admissions criteria for said programs.
Plan Admission Requirements
- Applicants must have earned an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with an overall undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Applicants must be accepted by the Graduate College and the Advisory/Admissions Committee for the SRE Certificate program.
- All domestic and international applicants must review and follow the Graduate College Admission and Registration Requirements.
Plan Certificate Completion Requirements
The student must submit all required forms to the Graduate College and then apply for graduation in MyUNLV by the appropriate deadline.